A mixture of civilizations and cultures
- Population: 2,877,000
- Position: Albania is positioned in the South-Western part of the Balkan peninsula
- Area: 28,748 km2
- Government: Albania is a Unitary parliamentary constitutional republic
- Capital city: Tirana, population: 800,986
- Membership of international organisations: WTO, NATO, United Nations, the Council of Europe, World Bank, the OSCE and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation
- Official language: Albanian
- Religion: The majority of the population adhere to Islam
- Currency: Lek (ALL)
- Climate: Mediterranean and Continental
- Time: Central European Time (UTC + 1), Central European Summer Time (UTC + 2)
- Average daily temperatures in Tirana: July 29°C, January 11°C
- Neighbouring countries: Montenegro, Kosovo, North Macedonia and Greece
- Length of coastline: 427 km
- Highest peak: Korab, 2,764 m
Albania is like a living time capsule. Raised on a diet of separation and hardship, it is distinctly Albanian. It needed almost three decades just to catch up with other countries of Eastern Europe, but due to this very isolation today Albania offers a remarkable array of unique attractions. It will impress you with a thriving capital, abundant natural beauty, many archaeological sites, villages where time seems to have stood still, stunning mountain scenery and beaches to rival any elsewhere in this part of Europe.
And as if this wasn’t good enough, Albania is as well a sincerely hospitable and warm country, safe enough to explore it also on your own.
Ensure a memorable experience that will stay with you forever!
Let`s get started.
12 reasons to visit!
Not many countries can offer such a wide variety of amazing possibilities like the Balkan countries can. Here below we have put together twelve reasons why you should visit Albania. These are top things to know about this surprising country of mixed civilizations, but they are not the only reasons why we find Albania so special. There are of course many many more. So drop everything and come and see it for yourself.